Jerk Pork Tenderloin with Mango Relish
- 1/4 cup bottled jerk seasoning*
- 1/2 cup minced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 packages (1-1/4 to 1-1/2 lbs. each) pork tenderloins or 6 to 12 pork chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 medium mangos, diced (2 cups)
- 2 oranges, peeled, sectioned and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, minced (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
1. Combine all marinade ingredients in large shallow dish.
2. Add pork to marinade, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
3. Thirty minutes before grilling, remove pork from refrigerator. Heat grill or broiler. Grill over medium** heat 12 to 15 minutes per side for tenderloin or 9 to 10 minutes per side for chops or until instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part registers 160 degrees F. (Or broil 3 inches from heat source 10 to 12 minutes per side for tenderloin or 8 to 10 minutes per side for chops or until meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part reaches 160 degrees F.)Make Mango Relish::
4. Combine honey and vinegar in medium bowl. Add mangos, oranges, the half red pepper and the parsley, tossing to coat.
5. Let tenderloins stand 5 minutes, then slice thin diagonally. Arrange pork on serving platter. Top with Mango Relish. Makes 8 servings.
- Look for jerk seasoning in larger supermarkets.
- To test for medium heat, you should be able to hold your hand over the coals at the height of the food for 4 seconds before you have to pull away.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)10,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet