LHJ Classic Burger
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grain or stone-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
- 2 teaspoons coarse-grain or stone-ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 hamburger rolls, split
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 4 large, 1/4-inch-thick tomato slices
- Pickle slices, (optional)
- French fries, (optional)
1. Heat grill.Make Secret Sauce::
2. Combine all sauce ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.Make Burgers::
3. Lightly mix beef, 2 tablespoons of the Secret Sauce, the 2 teaspoons mustard, Worcestershire, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in large bowl just until combined. Shape into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
4. Grill burgers over medium-hot* coals 7 to 9 minutes per side or until done (160 degrees F)**. Grill rolls cut side down until toasted, about 1 minute.
5. Arrange lettuce and tomato on bottoms of rolls; sprinkle tomato lightly with salt and pepper. Place Burgers on tomatoes. Divide remaining Secret Sauce among burgers. Top with rolls. Serve with pickles and french fries, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
- To test for medium-hot heat, you should be able to hold your hand over the coals at the height of the food for 3 seconds before you have to pull away.
- The internal color of burgers is not a reliable doneness indicator. Ground beef burgers must be cooked to 160 degrees F. An instant-read thermometer ensures perfectly cooked burgers. If using a digital instant-read thermometer, insert the tip of the thermometer into the food at least 1/4 of an inch for 10 seconds. If using a dial instant-read thermometer, insert the thermometer through the side of the burger to a depth of 2 to 3 inches to get an accurate reading.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)37,
- sat. fat(g)10,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet