- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs (2 slices)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Mashed potatoes and green beans, (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat oil in small skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; cool.
2. Combine remaining ingredients except potatoes and beans in large bowl; mix well. Stir in onion. Spoon mixture into an 8x4-inch loaf pan.
3. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center registers 160 degrees F. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Unmold and serve with mashed potatoes and green beans, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)18,
- sat. fat(g)7,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet