Roast Pork Tenderloin with Braised Cabbage
- 2 pork tenderloins (1-1/2 lbs.), trimmed
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup minced onions
- 1 small head (2 lbs.)green cabbage, cored and sliced thin
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, peeled, cored and sliced thin
- 3/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup apple cider
1. Heat oven to 450 degree F. Mash garlic with the 1 teaspoon salt, the 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and the 1/2 teaspoon thyme; rub all over pork. Place onions in bottom of small roasting pan and place pork on top. Roast 25 minutes or meat thermometer registers 160 degrees F and until juices run clear.Make Braised Cabbage::
2. Meanwhile, combine cabbage, apple, broth, the 1/4 teaspoon salt, the 1/4 teaspoon thyme, and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper in large skillet. Cover and cook over medium-high heat until cabbage is tender-crisp, 10 minutes. Cook, uncovered, until most of the liquid is evaporated, 3 to 4 minutes. Cover and keep warm.
3. Transfer pork to serving platter; cover and keep warm. Pour apple cider in roasting pan and bring to boil over high heat, stirring to scrape up onions and browned bits. Serve pork with Braised Cabbage and pan juices. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)3,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!