Spicy Curry Sirloin Lamb Steaks with Cucumber Raita
- 1 container (8 oz.) low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Generous pinch ground nutmeg
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) bone-in lamb steaks (8 to 10 oz. each)
1. Heat grill.Make Cucumber Raita::
2. Combine all raita ingredients in medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.Make Curry Rub::
3. Combine all rub ingredients in small bowl. Generously press rub over both sides of steaks.
4. Grill steaks over medium-hot* heat 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium rare (145 degrees F). Serve with Cucumber Raita. Makes 4 servings.
- To test for medium-hot heat, you should be able to hold your hand over the coals at the height of the food for 3 seconds before you have to pull away.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)37,
- sat. fat(g)15,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet