This recipe flavors lean skirt steak with citrus, garlic, and chile. The meat is grilled, then piled into a soft flour tortilla and topped with all your favorite fixings.
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground chile de arbol* or chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds skirt or flank steak
- 6 soft flour tortillas, warmed
- Pico de Gallo (see main menu page), optional
- Sour cream, optional
1. Combine all ingredients in a large shallow baking dish. Add steak, turning to coat. Cover and marinate steak in the refrigerator, 45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat grill. Remove steak from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature, 15 minutes. Remove steak from marinade and grill 5 minutes. Turn and grill steak 3 to 5 minutes more, or until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted in center of steak registers 135 degrees F for medium-rare. Transfer to cutting board and slice. Divide and fill warm tortillas with steak, Pico de Gallo and sour cream, if desired. (Nutrition facts are based on per serving without Pico de Gallo or Sour Cream.)
- Available from Mo HottaMo Betta, 800-462-3220.
- Fat, total(g)17,
- sat. fat(g)7,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet