- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground chile de arbol* or chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds skirt or flank steak
- 6 soft flour tortillas, warmed
- Pico de Gallo (see main menu page), optional
- Sour cream, optional
1. Combine all ingredients in a large shallow baking dish. Add steak, turning to coat. Cover and marinate steak in the refrigerator, 45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat grill. Remove steak from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature, 15 minutes. Remove steak from marinade and grill 5 minutes. Turn and grill steak 3 to 5 minutes more, or until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted in center of steak registers 135 degrees F for medium-rare. Transfer to cutting board and slice. Divide and fill warm tortillas with steak, Pico de Gallo and sour cream, if desired. (Nutrition facts are based on per serving without Pico de Gallo or Sour Cream.)
- Available from Mo HottaMo Betta, 800-462-3220.
- Fat, total(g)17,
- sat. fat(g)7,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!