Sweet-and-Sour Pork Chops
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 pork chops, 1-inch thick (2 lbs.)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Pat pork chops dry; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and cook until browned, 2 minutes per side. Transfer to plate; drain drippings from skillet.
3. Stir ketchup, vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and the hot pepper sauce, if desired, into skillet. Bring to boil. Return chops to skillet; spread onion and lemon slices on top.
4. Cover and bake 45 minutes, until chops are tender and juices run clear. Transfer chops to serving dish. Boil pan juices over high heat until thickened, 5 minutes; pour over chops. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)45,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet