Winter Vegetable Soup
- 3 14 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 pound peeled butternut squash, cubed
- 1/2 pound carrots, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound kielbasa, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups tubetti or tubettini pasta
- 1 15 - 16 ounce can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 pound Swiss chard, trimmed and chopped
1. Combine broth, squash, carrots, 2 cups water, salt and pepper in a pot. Cover and bring to a boil.
2. Cook kielbasa and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes. Transfer to pot. Bring 1 cup water to boil in same skillet, stirring, then add to pot. Cover and return to a boil; simmer 5 minutes.
3. Stir in pasta and beans. Return to a boil; cover and boil 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in Swiss chard; simmer, uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes more, until chard is tender. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)12,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!