Zesty Meatball Noodle Soup
- 2 14 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 1/2 ounces fresh fettuccine, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 large zucchini, diced
1. Combine broth, tomatoes, 1 teaspoon of the garlic and the cumin in a pot. Cover and bring to a boil; simmer 5 minutes.
2. Combine remaining garlic, the beef, 1/2 cup of the cheese, the salt and pepper in a bowl with hands. Shape into 3/4-inch meatballs.
3. Add meatballs to broth. Cover and simmer 4 minutes. Add fettuccine and zucchini; bring to a boil. Simmer 2 minutes more, until fettuccine and zucchini are tender. Serve with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)23,
- sat. fat(g)11,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet