Orange-Raspberry Corn Muffins
Yield: 10 muffins Prep 15 mins Bake 400°F 25 mins plus cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries (thawed, if frozen)
1. Adjust rack to middle of oven. Heat oven to 400 degree F. Lightly spray ten 2-1/2-inch muffin-pan cups with nonstick spray. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and orange peel. In a separate bowl, whisk together the orange juice, buttermilk, egg, and vanilla extract until smooth. Slowly pour the orange juice mixture and the melted butter into the flour mixture and stir from the bottom of the bowl with a spoon or rubber spatula. When batter is almost mixed, add the raspberries and continue to mix with a few swift strokes until the dry ingredients are moistened (don't overmix; a few lumps are okay). Divide the batter among prepared muffin cups. Bake until lightly browned on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool. Makes 10 muffins.
- Fat, total(g)6,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!