Baked Ziti with Three Cheeses
- 2 8 ounces tomatoes, quartered
- 2 onions, quartered
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces ziti or penne pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 3/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup grated fontina cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Combine tomatoes, onions and 1/4 cup oil in a 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Roast, uncovered, about 30 minutes, until tomatoes blister. Transfer tomatoes to a bowl. Continue roasting onions 10 to 15 minutes more, until golden. Transfer onions and accumulated juices to bowl with tomatoes. Do not wash baking dish. Coarsely chop the vegetables. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta 2 minutes less than package directions. Drain and toss with vegetables and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Spoon into baking dish.
3. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shallots; cook 30 seconds. Stir in wine and cook until liquid reduces by half, 3 minutes. Add cream, stirring until mixture thickens, 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cheeses until melted; add remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper.
4. Pour sauce over pasta, stirring to coat. Cover with foil and bake until sauce is bubbly, 35 to 40 minutes. Stir pasta until well coated. Sprinkle the top with chopped parsley, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)54,
- sat. fat(g)28,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!