Bow Ties with Tuna and Olives
- 1 pound dried bow-tie pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped (2 cups)
- 2 6 ounce cans solid or chunk white tuna in oil, drained and broken into chunks
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Crusty bread rolls, optional
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, combine all ingredients except pasta in large serving bowl. Let stand 10 minutes.
3. Toss drained, hot pasta with tomato-tuna mixture. Serve immediately with rolls, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)18,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!