Chili-Ginger Shrimp and Noodles
- 1/2 pound thin spaghetti or vermicelli
- 1 pound shelled and deveined large shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 pound snow peas or sugar snap peas
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 8 ounce bottle Pad Thai Sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
1. Start to cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, sprinkle shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large non-stick skillet over high heat; add shrimp and cook 1-12 minutes per side, until golden. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate.
3. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in same skillet. Add snow peas; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes (4 to 5 minutes for sugar snap peas), until lightly charred in spots and tender-crisp.
4. Remove 1/3 cup pasta cooking water to a cup. Drain pasta and add to peas in skillet with pasta water, lime juice, pad thai sauce and shrimp. Cook mixture, stirring, 3 to 4 minutes, until heated through. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with green onions. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)7,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!