Crab, Corn, and Artichoke Pasta
- 1 12 ounce package dried egg or spinach fettuccine nests
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped shallot or sweet onion
- 2 poblano chiles, halved, seeded, stemmed, and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 pounds orange or yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 ears fresh corn, kernels cut off cob or 1 box (10 oz.) frozen corn, thawed if frozen
- 1 10 ounce jar artichoke hearts, drained and halved lengthwise
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, picked over (any hard cartilage discarded)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add salt. Stir in pasta and cook until al dente, 6 to 8 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid, then drain pasta.
2. Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking. Add shallot and chile; cook, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and corn; cook over moderately high heat until tomatoes are wilted, about 3 minutes. Stir in artichokes and crabmeat. Cook until just heated through, about 1 minute; salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and keep warm, covered, for sauce.
3. Add pasta, 1/4 cup reserved cooking liquid and basil to sauce in skillet. Heat over moderate heat, tossing until coated well, about 2 minutes. Add remaining 1/4 cup cooking liquid if too dry; salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl and drizle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)20,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet