Easy Veggie Lasagna
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 26 ounce jar prepared spaghetti sauce
- 1 14 1/2ounce can Italian-style diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 15 ounce container low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 - 10 uncooked dried lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella, divided
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.For Sauce::
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, zucchini and onion; cook 6 to 7 minutes or until tender. Stir in spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes with liquid, oregano and pepper; set aside.
3. Lightly coat a 13x9-inch glass baking dish with vegetable cooking spray. Combine ricotta, Parmesan, egg, parsley and salt in medium bowl.
4. Spread 2 cups of the Sauce over bottom of prepared dish. Arrange 4 or 5 uncooked lasagna noodles lengthwise and slightly overlapping on top. Spread all of ricotta mixture over top to cover; sprinkle evenly with 1-1/2 cups of the mozzarella. Pour 1-1/2 cups of the Sauce on top. Repeat layering remaining noodles over Sauce. Top with remaining Sauce; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
5. Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 to 25 minutes more or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)15,
- sat. fat(g)6,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!