Herbed Vegetable and Artichoke Pasta
Savory artichokes and tangy vinaigrette wake up your taste buds in this main-dish pasta recipe.
- 1/2 pound dry conchiglie or penne
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 9 ounce box frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and quartered
- 2 cups green beans, cut into 3-inch pieces (6 oz.)
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup kalamata or black olives, crushed or quartered
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 10 ounces orange, yellow and variegated tomatoes, cut into wedges
1. Cook pasta in lightly salted water and drain. Heat 1-1/2 tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add artichoke hearts and cook, stirring occasionally until golden, about 4 min.
2. Transfer artichokes to a large bowl, then cook green beans in skillet for 2 min; add beans to artichokes and remove skillet from heat. To make vinaigrette, stir together vinegar, honey, salt and pepper in skillet, gathering browned bits from bottom of pan. Whisk in remaining olive oil.
3. Add pasta, olives, onion, oregano, thyme and parsley to bowl with artichokes and beans and toss. Coat with vinaigrette, then gently stir in tomatoes. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)19,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet