Homestyle Macaroni Salad
For this classic side salad, we mixed cavatappi pasta, hard-boiled eggs, and chopped vegetables with a tangy buttermilk-mayo dressing.
- 1 pound cavatappi or macaroni pasta
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno, optional
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Transfer to colander and rinse under cold water; drain.
2. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl until well blended. Add cooled pasta and toss to coat.
Make Ahead Tip
- Cover salad and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
- Servings Per Recipe 14
- Fat, total(g)9,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet