Linguine with Lobster Sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic, quartered
- 3 28 ounce cans plum tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 whole live lobsters (1-1/4 to 1-1/2 lbs. each)
- 2 pounds dried fine linguine, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat oil over medium heat in Dutch oven. Add garlic and cook until golden, 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes with their juices and red pepper. Simmer, uncovered, 1 hour, stirring occasionally with spoon to break up tomatoes. Add lobsters; cover and simmer 45 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool 1 hour.
2. Transfer lobsters to cutting board. Remove and discard shells. Reserve all meat, tomalley (liver) and coral (roe), if any. Cut up meat. Stir lobster, tomalley, coral, and any juices into sauce; heat through.
3. Toss hot pasta with 6 cups of the lobster sauce in large serving bowl. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with remaining sauce on the side. Makes 12 servings.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare sauce and lobster. Cover sauce and lobster separately; refrigerate up to 24 hours. Reheat sauce over low heat, stirring, about 15 minutes. Stir in lobster, tomalley, and coral; heat through.
- Servings Per Recipe 12
- Fat, total(g)6,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!