- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 6 1/2ounce can water-packed tuna, drained
- 1 12 - 14 ounce box dried corkscrew or ruffle pasta, cooked according to package directions
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, (optional)
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, onion, garlic, and salt; cook, stirring, until tender-crisp, 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, oregano, and pepper. Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in tuna and cook 3 minutes more.
2. Toss hot pasta with sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)6,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!