Monster Meat and Snakes' Tongues
- 1 14 1/2ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 14 1/2ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 skirt steaks (1-1/2 lbs total)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1 pound package fettuccine
- 3/4 cup purchased pesto
1. For marinade, in a large, shallow glass dish, combine tomatoes, garlic, vinegar and pepper flakes. Rinse steaks and pat dry; add to marinade, turning to coat all sides. Cover and marinate at room temperature 30 minutes (or refrigerate up to 5 hours).
2. Heat broiler and place rack 4 inches from heat. Cover a rimmed baking sheet or broiler pan with foil. Transfer steak and marinade to baking sheet and sprinkle with 1 tsp. salt. Broil, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center registers 145 degrees F for medium, 10 to 14 minutes. Remove from broiler and let stand 5 minutes before cutting into 1/2-inch-thick slices; reserve cooked marinade.
3. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Toss with pesto and remaining 1 tsp. salt.
4. Transfer steak to a platter; top with half the cooked sauce. Serve with pasta and remaining sauce. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)22,
- sat. fat(g)7,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet