- 2 tablespoons butter (no substitutions)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed, stems peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch diagonal pieces
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 yellow summer squash (8 oz.), diced
- 1/4 pound snow peas, cut into 1/2-inch diagonal pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1 small head radicchio (4 oz.), thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound capellini, cooked according to package directions
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional
1. Melt butter and oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onions; cook until softened, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in asparagus; cook until just tender, 5 minutes. Add carrot, yellow squash and snow peas; cook 3 minutes. Stir in salt and broth; bring to boil and cook until liquid has reduced by half, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in cream and cook until sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Add radicchio; cook until radicchio wilts, 2 minutes.
2. Toss hot pasta and sauce in large bowl. Sprinkle with tomato. Serve with Parmesan, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)22,
- sat. fat(g)11,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!