Pasta with Broccoli and Ginger
- 1 bunch broccoli (1-1/2 lb.)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound dried fusilli, rotelle or radiatore pasta, cooked according to package directions
1. Cut broccoli florets from stem; trim to small florets. Peel and slice stems. Process sliced stems and 1/2 cup of the broth in food processor until very fine.
2. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger, garlic and red pepper; cook 15 seconds. Stir in pureed broccoli mixture, florets, remaining 1 cup chicken broth and the salt. Boil, stirring occasionally, just until broccoli is tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Toss with hot pasta. Makes 6 main-dish servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)7,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!