Pasta with Greens and Romano Cheese
- 1 pound dried fusilli
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 cups chopped onions
- 1 bunch spinach, tough stems removed, or 1 package (10 oz.) fresh spinach, washed and coarsely chopped
- 1 14 ounce large bunch escarole, washed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups freshly shredded Romano cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until golden, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Add spinach, escarole, pepper and salt. Stir briefly. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 10 minutes more.
3. Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water. Return drained pasta and reserved water to pot; stir in Romano cheese and cooked greens. Transfer to warm serving bowl; serve immediately. Makes 6 main-dish servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)23,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!