Penne with Fresh Tomato Sauce
- 4 cups grape tomatoes (about 2 pints)
- 1 6 ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 15 sun-dried tomato halves (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 small cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 12 ounce package dried penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons finely grated fresh Parmesan
1. Pulse grape tomatoes in a food processor until chopped and transfer to a large serving bowl. Drain artichokes in a fine sieve set over a bowl, reserving marinade, and coarsely chop; add to grape tomatoes with 2 tablespoons reserved marinade. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes, herbs, garlic, and oil. Let stand at room temperature while pasta cooks.
2. Bring a large pot of water to boil; add salt. Stir in pasta and cook until al dente, about 9 minutes. Drain in a colander and immediately add to bowl with tomatoes and artichokes; salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine. Sprinkle Parmesan over top and serve warm. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)8,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!