Penne with Lemon Pesto and Sausage
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed, crumbled
- 1 pound dried penne or ziti pasta, cooked according to package directions, drained
DirectionsMake Lemon Pesto::
1. Process all pesto ingredients in blender until smooth; set aside. Makes 1/3 cup.
2. Heat the 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook until browned, 10 minutes. Drain off excess fat; keep sausage warm. Toss pasta in large serving bowl with sausage and Lemon Pesto. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)35,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!