Penne with Spinach and Ham
- 1 pound dried penne
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic-flavored or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 10 ounce package fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound smoked ham, cut into 1x1/4-inch-thick strips
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (6 oz.)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, combine oils, salt and red pepper in large bowl.
3. Drain pasta in colander, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Toss hot pasta with reserved pasta water, oil mixture, spinach, ham and cheese until spinach wilts and cheese melts. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)25,
- sat. fat(g)10,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!