Penne with Vodka Marinara Sauce
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (26 to 32 oz.) marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound dried penne, cooked according to package directions
1. Combine vodka and red pepper; set aside.
2. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and salt; cook 1 minute more.
3. Add vodka mixture. Cook over high heat until vodka is nearly evaporated. Stir in marinara sauce; simmer 5 minutes. Add cream, basil and Parmesan; heat through. Toss with hot pasta in a serving bowl. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)12,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet