Ricotta-Red Pepper Pasta
- 1 pound dried penne or bow-tie pasta
- 1 7 ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 15 ounce container ricotta cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well.
2. Meanwhile, combine red peppers and 1/2 cup of the ricotta in blender; puree until smooth. Transfer to large serving bowl.
3. Stir in remaining ricotta, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic, and lemon peel. Add hot pasta and toss well. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)16,
- sat. fat(g)9,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet