Rigatoni with Shiitakes, Artichokes, and Peppers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 red peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 pound shiitake or white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (12 to 13-3/4 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 pound rigatoni, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup freshly shredded Romano or Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add shallots; cook 1 minute until lightly browned. Add peppers and mushrooms; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute more.
2. Add broth, artichokes, lemon peel and juice, salt, red pepper, and ground pepper to skillet. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in parsley
3. Toss hot pasta with sauce and Romano in large bowl. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)12,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!