- 3 14 ounce can vegetable broth plus enough water to equal 6 cups
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups arborio or medium-grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 large bunch (6 oz.) watercress, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
1. Bring broth and water to a boil in medium saucepan. Reduce heat, add asparagus and simmer until tender but crisp, 5 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon to plate; reserve broth.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions and garlic; cook 3 minutes. Stir in rice, salt, pepper and thyme and cook 1 minute, stirring, until grains are glistening. Add wine; cook until liquid is absorbed, about 2 minutes.
3. Set 1/2 cup of the broth aside in glass measure; return remaining broth to a simmer. Gradually add remaining broth to rice, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly, until liquid is absorbed, 25 to 30 minutes.
4. Stir in reserved 1/2 cup broth, asparagus, peas and watercress. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese and 1 tablespoon parsley.
5. Spoon risotto into 6 serving bowls; sprinkle tops with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley. Serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)7,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!