Salmon and Soba Noodles
Poaching salmon in an aromatic broth is a healthy and tasty way to prepare it. Serving it with spinach and soba noodles makes an even healthier meal.
- 8 ounces soba noodles
- 2 10 ounce bag fresh spinach
- 2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 4 4 ounces skinless salmon fillets
- 1 14 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 star anise
- 1 large garlic clove, sliced
- 2 quarter-sized unpeeled ginger slices
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
1. Cook noodles according to package directions. During last 2 minutes of cooking, add spinach to same pot; cover and cook just until wilted. Drain and toss in a bowl with the sesame oil and salt. Divide noodles and spinach among 4 serving bowls; keep warm.
2. Rub grated ginger and chopped garlic over salmon.
3. Combine broth, anise, garlic slices, ginger slices, sake, soy sauce, and pepper flakes in a deep 12-inch-wide skillet. Add salmon and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer 4 to 5 minutes; let stand 2 minutes. Transfer salmon to bowls with noodles and spinach. Remove star anise, garlic and ginger slices from broth. Ladle hot broth into bowls. Sprinkle with green onions.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)20,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet