Sesame Shrimp and Pasta Salad
- 1 pound penne rigati pasta
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Toasted sesame seeds
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. During last minute of cooking time add asparagus. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water until pasta and asparagus are cool. Transfer to a large serving bowl and set aside. If preparing a day ahead, bring to room temperature before serving.
2. Meanwhile, combine peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Add hot water and stir until sauce is smooth, breaking up any small clumps.
3. Add shrimp, red pepper, green onions, and 1/4 cup of the cilantro to the pasta. Add sauce and toss to combine. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro and sesame seeds. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)12,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet