Sesame Tofu with Noodles
- 1 pound extra-firm tofu
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, divided
- 4 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon hot and spicy flavored vegetable oil, divided
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 pound linguine, cooked according to package directions, reserving 1/3 cup pasta water
- 1 bunch (2 to 3 oz.) watercress, trimmed
1. Cut tofu crosswise into 3/4-inch thick slices; cut each slice crosswise into thirds. Arrange strips in a single layer on sheet of wax paper. Sprinkle with salt and half the seeds.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add half the tofu, seeded side down. Sprinkle with half of the remaining seeds; brown 2 minutes. Turn slices; add 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Brown 2 minutes. Transfer to plate. Repeat with 2 teaspoons oil, tofu and seeds.
3. Heat remaining oil in skillet. Cook 1/4 cup green onions 2 minutes. Whisk in peanut butter, teriyaki sauce, and reserved 1/3 cup pasta water. Toss pasta with watercress and peanut sauce. Divide among 4 plates; top with tofu and remaining green onions. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)35,
- sat. fat(g)6,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!