Shrimp and Rice Noodle Salad
- 1 teaspoon shredded lime peel
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced red Thai chilies or 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 bunches Broccolini or 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 large celery ribs, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick diagonal slices (1 cup)
- 1 8 ounce package rice noodles or linguine
1. For the dressing, combine lime peel, lime juice, peanut oil, rice wine vinegar, shallots, soy sauce, ginger, chilies, sugar and salt in large bowl. Set aside.
2. Place steamer basket in Dutch oven; add enough water to reach just under basket. Arrange Broccolini or broccoli in basket; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat slightly and steam 5 to 6 minutes, until tender. Rinse briefly under cold water and drain.
3. Meanwhile, bring a stockpot filled two thirds with water to a boil. Add shrimp and cook 1 minute; then add celery and cook 1 minute more or until shrimp turn opaque. Transfer shrimp and celery with slotted spoon to colander (reserve water in pot). Rinse shrimp and celery under cold running water until cool; drain. Transfer to small bowl.
4. Return water to a boil. Add noodles and cook according to package directions. Drain in colander and rinse under cold running water until cool; drain well.
5. Toss Broccolini with 2 tablespoons of the dressing in bowl. Gently toss noodles, shrimp, and celery with remaining dressing. Serve with Broccolini. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)9,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!