Shrimp Fra Diavola with Fusilli
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 26 ounce can whole tomatoes in juice
- 1 pound dried fusilli or penne, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large skillet over high heat. Add shrimp, salt and red pepper; cook, stirring, 1 minute or until shrimp are opaque. Add wine; boil 30 seconds. Transfer shrimp and wine to bowl.
2. Reduce heat to medium-high; heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in same skillet. Add onion; cook 6 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in garlic; cook 30 seconds.
3. Add tomatoes, breaking up with spoon. Bring to boil; boil 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in shrimp; cook 1 minute. Toss with fusilli and parsley in large bowl. Makes 5 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 5
- Fat, total(g)11,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet