Shrimp Scampi Over Linguine
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 8 ounce bottle clam juice, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Pinch dried thyme
- 1 pound dried linguine, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup seeded, sliced plum tomatoes
1. Stir cornstarch into 1/4 cup of the clam juice in cup; set aside. Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add shrimp, garlic, red pepper, and salt; cook, stirring, until shrimp begin to turn opaque, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove shrimp.
2. Add wine, remaining clam juice and thyme to skillet; bringing to a boil. Stir in cornstarch mixture and return to boil, stirring; boil 1 minute. Return shrimp to skillet; cook until heated through, 1 minute. Toss with linguine, parsley, and lemon peel in bowl; top with tomatoes. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)6,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!