Shrimp with Pasta, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Artichokes and Basil Bacon Sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces Canadian bacon, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 14 ounce cans artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained, cut into quarters and patted dry
- 1/3 cup rinsed and drained sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, patted dry and chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon sherry or red wine vinegar, or to taste
- 8 ounces dried whole-wheat pasta, such as gobbetti or cellentani
- 3/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot and cook bacon and shallots, stirring, until bacon is crisp, about 4 minutes. Add shrimp and cook, stirring, about 1-1/2 minutes. Add artichokes, tomatoes, and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir in vinegar. Reserve.
2. Cook pasta in a 4-quart pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 8 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water and drain pasta in a colander. Add pasta to reserved skillet with cooking water and simmer, gently stirring, about 2 minutes. Transfer pasta to a serving bowl with basil, gently tossing to combine; salt and pepper to taste.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)11,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!