Spaghettini with Onions and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter, no substitutions
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups finely chopped onions (1/2 lb.)
- 1 pound spaghettini or linguine
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (or 5 halves dry-pack sun-dried tomatoes, soaked, drained, and chopped)
- 1/2 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Parsley sprigs, for garnish (optional)
1. Melt butter with oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook onions 20 to 25 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden.
2. Meanwhile, start to cook pasta according to package directions.
3. Uncover skillet. Add garlic to onions; increase heat to medium and cook 5 minutes. Add sun-dried tomatoes, half the parsley, salt, and red pepper flakes; cook 3 to 5 minutes more, until onion mixture thickens slightly.
4. Drain pasta. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Transfer pasta to large bowl. Add pasta water and remaining parsley to onion mixture. Cook 2 minutes. Stir sauce into hot pasta and toss. Divide pasta among 4 serving bowls. Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)13,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet