- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring chicken broth to a boil. Stir in orzo and bring mixture back to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until orzo is tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain orzo in a large strainer, then transfer to a large serving bowl. Cover to keep warm (you can cover serving bowl with plastic wrap so that orzo stays hot).
2. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots and onions and cook, stirring frequently, until carrots are golden and onions are translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat. Add vegetables to orzo, then sprinkle in cheese and parsley. Toss well to coat. Serve hot. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)10,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet