Thai Noodles with Vegetables and Tofu
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound firm tofu, cut into small cubes
- 1 package (8 oz.) udon noodles or whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 can (14 oz.) vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup pure lite coconut milk
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 4 slices fresh ginger
- 1 large clove garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1 Thai red chile, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno chile, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces snow peas, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Combine soy sauce, chopped ginger and garlic in medium bowl. Add tofu and toss to coat; set aside.
2. Start to cook noodles according to package directions.
3. Meanwhile, bring broth, coconut milk, carrots, ginger slices, garlic, lime juice, fish sauce and chiles to a simmer in Dutch oven. Simmer 8 minutes. Stir in show peas and tofu mixture; cook just until heated through. Remove ginger slices. Drain noodles; add to Dutch oven with green onions and cilantro. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)14,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!