Zucchini Pasta with Red Onion, Oregano, and Feta
- 1 12 ounce package dried gemelli or fusilli pasta
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 pound medium zucchini, trimmed, halved crosswise, and shredded lengthwise
- 1 pound medium yellow squash, trimmed, halved crosswise, and shredded lengthwise
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup (about 3 oz.) crumbed feta
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add salt. Stir in pasta and cook until al dente, about 9 minutes. Reserve 1 cup cooking liquid, then drain pasta.
2. Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons oil and the butter in a large deep skillet over moderate heat until butter is melted. Add onion and oregano, season with salt and pepper, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add zucchini and squash; cook, stirring frequently, until wilted, about 5 minutes. Add broth; bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and keep warm, covered, for sauce.
3. Add pasta and 1/2 cup reserved cooking liquid to sauce in skillet; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer until pasta is coated well, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and toss in feta. Spoon into bowls, drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and serve. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)26,
- sat. fat(g)9,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!