Peach Lattice Pie
Yield: 8 Prep 20 mins Cook 1 hr 20 mins
- 1 recipe Perfect Pie Crust (see notes for this recipe)
- 6 cups (2 lbs) sliced frozen, thawed peaches, juices drained
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F and place rack in the lower third. Line a 9-inch pie plate with one crust. Trim crust to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate; place in freezer until ready to fill.
2. Combine peaches, brown sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, and lemon zest. Place peach mixture in prepared crust. On a lightly floured surface, roll remaining crust into a 12-inch round; cut into 1-inch strips. Weave strips on top of filling in lattice pattern, pressing ends into bottom crust. Fold bottom crust over ends of strips; seal and crimp. Brush crust with a bit of the beaten egg.
3. Place pie on a baking sheet and bake until crust is golden and juices are bubbling and thick, about 1 hr. Cover with foil during the last 20 min to prevent overbrowning.