- 2 9-inch frozen deep-dish pie shells
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups shredded American cheese (6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 pound fresh lump or jumbo crabmeat or one 16-ounce can refrigerated, pasteurized crabmeat, picked over
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prick bottoms of frozen pie shells with a fork. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned.
2. Meanwhile, combine eggs, cheeses, green onions, heavy cream and Creole seasoning in a large bowl until well blended. Fold in shrimp; then gently fold in crabmeat.
3. Divide filling evenly into each pie crust. Bake 50 to 55 minutes until filling is set in center.
- Fat, total(g)39,
- sat. fat(g)20,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!