- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch salt
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup small strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 tablespoon sugar
1. For pastry, pulse flour and butter in a food processor until mixture is crumbly. Add sour cream; pulse until pastry begins to hold together. Shape pastry into a thick disk, wrap, and refrigerate 1 hour.
2. For filling, combine 1 cup of the blueberries, 6 tablespoons water, and the 1/2 cup sugar in a saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Uncover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes. Stir 2 tablespoons water and cornstarch in a cup until smooth. Stir into fruit mixture. Add lemon peel, juice and salt. Simmer, stirring 1 minute until thickened.
3. Pour filling into a large bowl. Fold in remaining blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries. Pour filling into a 9-inch pie plate; cool.
4. Roll pastry into a 12-inch circle; transfer to a cookie sheet. Using a 10-inch cake pan or lid as a guide, trim pastry into a 10-1/2-inch circle. Tuck edge of circle and flute; cut into 8 wedges. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
5. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Brush wedges with water; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar. Bake 15 minutes, until golden. Cool. To serve, spoon fruit mixture into serving dishes and top with pastry wedges. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)11,
- sat. fat(g)7,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!