Yield: 2 dozen tartlets Prep 35 mins Cool 20 mins Bake 350°F 26 mins
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cut up (no substitutes)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut up (no substitutes)
- Confectioners sugar, for garnish
1. Heat oven to 350 degree F. Lightly coat twelve 1-3/4-inch miniature muffin-pan cups (or mini muffin pans) with vegetable cooking spray. For the pastry, pulse the 2 tablespoons granulated and confectioners sugars together in a food processor to blend. Add 1/2 cup butter and pulse to break up into small pieces. Add flour and ginger; pulse until fine crumbs form. Turn crumbs out onto counter and gently gather until dough holds together. Divide dough in half. Roll each piece into a 12-inch log; wrap one log in plastic wrap and refrigerate. Cut remaining log crosswise into 12 equal pieces. Press each piece into bottom and up side of a muffin cup. Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until pastry is golden.
2. Meanwhile, for the lime curd whisk together the 3/4 cup granulated sugar, lime peel, lime juice, egg yolks and egg in a medium saucepan. Cook 5 to 8 minutes, stirring, over medium-low heat, until mixture thickens (do not boil). Strain mixture through a fine sieve into a medium bowl; stir in 2 tablespoons butter until melted.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F. Using half the Lime Curd, fill tartlet shells. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until filling is set. Transfer pan to a wire rack. Remove tartlets from pan when slightly warm, then cool completely. Cool pan. Repeat process with remaining pastry log and Lime Curd. Garnish with confectioners sugar, if desired. Makes 2 dozen tartlets.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare tartlets. Store in an airtight container and freeze up to 1 month.
- Fat, total(g)6,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!