Maple Hazelnut Pie
- 1 single crust of Perfect Piecrust (see recipe center)
- 3/4 cup Grade B pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 3/4 cups hazelnuts, husked, coarsely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Gold metallic color dust
1. Line a 9-inch pie plate with crust, decorate edge and place in freezer until ready to fill.
2. Heat oven to 350 degrees F with rack in the lower third. Bring maple syrup, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt to a boil in saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Continue boiling 1 min, reducing heat as needed to prevent mixture from boiling over. Remove pan from heat. Add bourbon and butter and stir until butter melts. Let cool to lukewarm.
3. Spread hazelnuts in prepared crust in pie plate. Beat together eggs and vanilla, whisk in cooled maple mixture and pour over hazelnuts. Bake pie until filling is set and slightly puffed, about 1 hr; cover crust with foil for the last 20 min to prevent overbrowning. Cool completely.
4. Toss extra hazelnuts with a little metallic dust for garnish. Store pie, covered, for up to a day. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)37,
- sat. fat(g)12,
- Monosaturated fat(g)19,
- Polyunsaturated fat(g)4,
- vit. A(IU)534,
- vit. C(mg)2,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6)(mg)0,
- Cobalamin (Vit. B12)(µg)0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!