Pear Frangipane Crostada
- 4 ounces almond paste
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 single crust of Perfect Piecrust (see recipe center)
- 3 pears, cored, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F with rack in the lower third. In a food processor, combine almond paste, 1 egg, cornstarch and salt until completely blended. Roll crust on flour-dusted parchment into a 12- to 13-inch circle. Spread almond mixture in the center, leaving a 2-inch space around the edge.
2. Toss pears with lemon juice and arrange on top of almond mixture. Gently fold over crust edge, pleating, just covering edges of pears. Transfer crostata, on parchment, to a baking sheet. Whisk remaining egg and brush edge of crust with a little egg wash.
3. Bake until crust is deep golden and pears are soft, about 40 min; cover crostata loosely with foil for the last 10 min to prevent overbrowning. Heat apricot preserves and brush over pears. Sprinkle with almonds and serve warm or cooled. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)25,
- sat. fat(g)9,
- Monosaturated fat(g)10,
- Polyunsaturated fat(g)3,
- Trans fatty acid(g)1,
- vit. A(IU)437,
- vit. C(mg)5,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6)(mg)0,
- Cobalamin (Vit. B12)(µg)0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!