Grilled Mexican Pizza
Yield: 8 slices Start to Finish 20 mins
- 1 12 inch package pizza thin crust (such as Boboli)
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper-jack cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
1. Heat grill with cover. Grill pizza crust, top side down, over low* coals, about 4 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine avocado, oil, lime juice, cumin, salt, and pepper in bowl.
3. Remove crust from grill. Top with tomatoes, leaving 1-inch border, and sprinkle with cheese. Grill, covered, about 4 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is crisp. Top with avocado mixture, bacon, and green onions. Makes 8 slices.
- To test for low heat, you should be able to hold your hand over the coals at the height of the food for 6 seconds before you have to pull away.
- Fat, total(g)16,
- sat. fat(g)6,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet