Shriveled Orge-Nose Pizza (Roasted-Vegetable Pizza)
- 3 parsnips (about 1 lb), peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, stemmed and seeded
- 1 zucchini (about 8 oz)
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- Flour, for work surface
- 1 1 pound bag frozen pizza or bread dough, thawed
- 1 14 1/2ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/4 cups whole-milk ricotta
- 3 tablespoons fresh or 1 tbsp dried oregano
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut parsnips into 2-to 4-inch-long by 1/2-inch-thick sticks; toss with 1 tbsp. oil and 1/4 tsp. salt. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and roast 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cut bell pepper into thin slices. Cut zucchini lengthwise in half, then into 1/4-inch-thick slices. In a large bowl, toss together bell pepper, zucchini, remaining 2 tbsp. oil and 1/4 tsp. salt; add to roasting parsnips on baking sheet. Roast until tender and just golden, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
3. Increase oven to 450 degrees F and place rack in lower third. Sprinkle a baking sheet with 1 tbsp. cornmeal; set aside.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of the dough and, using hands, stretch to 1/8-inch thickness. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Top with half of each tomatoes, ricotta (in dollops) and roasted vegetables. Bake until cooked through and bottom is golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make one more pizza.
5. Transfer pizzas to a cutting board, drizzle with oil and top with oregano. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)14,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet