Asian Noodle Bowl
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 8 ounce package sliced white mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut on the diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 4 14 ounce can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice-wine vinegar
- 1 bunch bok choy, chopped
- 1 16 ounce package firm tofu, drained and diced
- 1/4 pound bucatini or spaghetti
- 3/4 pound cooked pork tenderloin, cut into strips (optional)
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook until edges begin to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer with slotted spoon to a plate; set aside.
2. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add onion, garlic, ginger, and carrots and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until onions begin to soften. Add broth, soy sauce, and vinegar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer broth 10 minutes.
3. Stir in bok choy, tofu, pasta, and reserved mushrooms and pork, if desired. Gently boil until pasta is just cooked through, 10 minutes. Stir in green onions and cilantro. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)33,
- sat. fat(g)7,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet